Last update: September 21, 2022
ACCEPTATION ET APPLICATION
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect information when you use the Services or provide it to us directly, which information can be divided into the following general categories:
Non-Personal Information: When you access our Services, certain non-personal information is automatically collected, such as your IP address, device identifier, operating system, URL to our Service, times of your visits, language, device location data, and your use of our Services. Storage of and access to this Non-Personal Information may be accomplished through the use of several technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, cell phone or other device (a “Device”) to access or use our Services. To the extent that we combine Non-Personal Information with your Personal Information that we collect directly from you, we will treat that combined data as Personal Information, but otherwise will not treat it as Personal Information. We use Non-Personal Information to review our traffic, to observe how Users use our Services, to monitor and analyze the use of the Services, to monitor and analyze statistics, to obtain an accurate representation for technical administration, to increase the functionality and usability of our Services, and to better tailor our Services to the needs of Users. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified.
Personal Information: We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily upload or provide to us by using the Services or by subscribing to our newsletter, such as your name, age range, email address, telephone number, mailing address, marital status, income.
The purpose of collecting personal information is to:
- Provide, maintain, perform and improve the Services and any legal services;
- Evaluate applications for eligibility for the Novalex Pro Bono Program and contact you accordingly;
- To communicate with you, if you have chosen to receive our newsletter, regarding our new services, recent legal developments or invite you to events; you may withdraw your consent to receive such communications at any time;
- To perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services to troubleshoot software and operational problems, to perform data analysis, testing and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
We expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose without your consent. In addition, we will only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the purposes identified above.
RIGHT TO REVIEW INFORMATION
You have the right to review the Personal Information we collect. If you wish to review this information, please send a written request to email@example.com.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You may at any time decide to no longer consent to the collection of your Personal Information by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or request to correct or delete your Personal Information. Upon receiving notice of your withdrawal of consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable period of time. Please note that in certain circumstances, we may refuse a request to delete your Personal Information, such as when the Personal Information is required for compliance with the law or with a contractual agreement between the parties, or in connection with claims.
We do not sell, rent or disclose to third parties the information we collect and store. You can expect us to share information collected with other parties in the following ways:
- Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the provision of our Services, under which we may share the information we have collected. All administrative service providers we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we do. Therefore, we expect your information to be treated with the same level of care that we employ.
- Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and information that has been aggregated anonymously with third parties, including, but not limited to, statistical, machine learning, or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
- Transactions: Transactions occur as part of or during negotiations of a merger, sale of company assets, any financing or acquisition, or in any other situation in which Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets. However, in no event will these transactions allow your information to be used for any purpose other than the purpose for which you have given us your consent.
Security measures have been put in place with respect to the Services to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please note, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Therefore, we cannot certify or guarantee the security of Personal Information or other information. You transmit Personal Information to us at your own risk.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites you may click on while using our Services and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Sophie Tremblay (Chief Operating Officer) acts as Privacy Officer and is responsible for ensuring compliance and implementation of applicable laws. You can contact her at the contact information listed below:
514-903-0835 ext. 103
1195 Wellington Street, Suite 301
Montreal, Quebec H3C 1W1
The Services are not intended for persons under the age of 18. If Novalex becomes aware that Personal Information about individuals under the age of 18 has been inadvertently collected, Novalex will promptly delete such information.